How To Join
To become a Certified Crop Adviser, you must pass 2 comprehensive exams, both can be written on the same day or on different days that suit your schedule. The International exam is written by all CCA's in North America. The local or Prairie region exam is written by all persons wanting to work as advisers anywhere in the 3 Prairie provinces.
Continuous testing is now available for both the Int'l and Prairie Board CCA exam!
You must schedule and take your exam within 60 days of paying the registration fee. If you don't pass the exam, there is a 15-day waiting period before you can schedule a retake attempt on any continuous exam.
- Online CCA Prep Course for the Prairie CCA exam register now
- Online CCA Prep Course for the International CCA exam register now
- The printed study guide for the International CCA exam is available through the The Fertilizer Institute web site.
- Parkland College is offering a CCA Prep Course via webinar or recorded in-class sessions starting in October 2022| Learn more
- Red Flag CCA Exam Prep with Dr. Bill Hamman and Therese Tompkins in December 2022 and January 2023 | Learn more
** Please note that the purchase of study materials, or participation in the online prep course or any other tutorial DOES NOT mean you are registered for the CCA exam. This is a separate registration.
Those pursuing their certification can challenge the exams at any time. However, once you successfully complete both tests you must then apply for your certification. To meet the requirements, you must have the required amount of crop advising experience: 2 years with a Bachelor's degree, 3 years with a diploma and 4 years with no formal education.
You must document education and advising experience with transcripts and supporting references as outlined in the Certified Crop Adviser Certification application (provided after passing of the 2 CCA exams).
You must sign and agree to uphold the CCA Code of Ethics.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review our extensive FAQ section. Alternatively you can contact your local Provincial Rep: