|Apply Before:||November 15, 2018|
|Availability:||full time permanent|
|Description:||Research Manager |
SaskCanola is hiring for a permanent full-time Research Manager at our Saskatoon office.
SaskCanola requires an experienced agronomist with a passion for research and extension. We are seeking a candidate with the ability to work with internal and external personnel to achieve a portfolio of research initiatives and extension events that provide value to canola growers in Saskatchewan. The position requires knowledge of canola agronomy, the ability to oversee a research investment program, development of producer extension events in collaboration with staff and industry colleagues, as well as review and report on scientific proposals and progress reports.
Delivery of Research Program:
- Leading the organization in research initiatives that will improve producer prosperity.
- Oversight of the research cycle: proposal reviews, contract negotiation, report reviews and extending knowledge to growers.
- Co-development of grower extension events in Saskatchewan.
- Participation at industry, grower, and research meetings.
- Monitor and manage expenditures of the Research budget.
- Provide the Executive Director and Board of Directors with regular reports on the status of the research portfolio.
The ideal candidate will work effectively in a team environment, provide well-reasoned advice to the Executive Director and the Board with an emphasis on developing a proactive research program. It is incumbent on the Research Manager to ensure that growers have an opportunity to access the results of their investment in SaskCanola through the development and execution of extension activities and products.
|Qualifications:||The candidate will ideally possess a degree in agriculture (or relevant scientific field), or a combination of education and experience that will position him or her to manage a science portfolio and an extension program. Strong agricultural background is preferred. Eligibility for a Professional Agrologist designation is a requirement for this position.|
|Compensation:||Interested applicants are asked to provide an indi|
|Contact name:||Errin Willenborg|