Field Production Manager
|Position:||Field Production Manager|
|Job Location:||Edmonton, AB|
|Apply Before:||September 29, 2017|
|Availability:||full time permanent|
|Description:||Being the best Creamer potato company requires hiring the best field managers.|
We have to be the best Creamer potato company because that's all we do. But being the best requires a team eager to bring high innovation to a millennia-old food with a company that has set itself apart in the produce industry with sustained high-growth year over year awarded us by our partners, customers, and consumers alike.
We embrace diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Reporting to the Director of Field Production, the Field Production Manager will ensure the correct quantity and quality of raw potatoes is supplied to the Edmonton packing facility at the right time and at the right cost. The Field Production Manager will work closely with contract growers, Company Agronomy and Manufacturing teams to ensure that the Field Production Plan is precisely executed. This will include but not be limited to hitting annual and 3-5 year field production priorities and KPI's, to ensure a year round supply of raw product for the Edmonton packing facility. This position will be based in Edmonton, AB.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully utilize the technical expertise of the Company Agronomy team to ensure field plan is precisely executed.
- Schedule, monitor and manage the incoming raw potatoes arriving at the Edmonton packing facility.
- Measure and report western potato inventories on a weekly basis.
- Manage the Edmonton bin-sampling program, and summarize all quality data and report.
- Manage the grade for payment process and production contract.
- Responsible for managing the field budget.
- Responsible to manage potato cost in the region.
- Reconcile and correlate grade for payment with actual pack-outs.
- Assist in contract signing and implementation of the Company grower contract.
- Participate in weekly sales supply meetings and update the team on the western production potato supply situation.
- Assist our logistics team on inbound freight activity of raw product from other regions.
- Work closely with the Regional Agronomist to ensure consistent alignment on quality and quantity of raw product.
- Ensure Food Safety compliance by all western growers.
- Attend corporate agronomy training programs to ensure all departments are educated on Potato Best Management Practices.
- Manage operations of company potato storage utilizing technical expertise of the regional agronomist.
- Manage operations of potato receiving and staff, and procurement to the plant.
- Ensure compliance on all potato imports from other states and provinces.
- Must follow company safety policies and promptly report any safety concerns to management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years experience in the agriculture industry.
- 3 to 5 years' management experience.
- Bachelor Degree of Agriculture Business is preferred.
- Professional Agrologist Designation or eligibility considered an asset.
- Certified Crop Advisor Designation considered an asset.
- Travel Frequency 30% (other growing regions and head office when required).
- Drivers License.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately appraise situations and make decisions; deal effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
|Compensation:||To be determined|
|Contact name:||Human Resources|
|Company:||The Little Potato Company|
|State / Province:||AB|
|Zip / Postal Code:||T5S 2H6|